Travel and Lodging
Ithaca, New York
Cornell University is located in Ithaca, a small city in central New York State (see map at left). It is approximately 250 miles (400 km) northwest of New York City, and 60 miles (100 km) south of Syracuse, New York.
- Campus-to-Campus Bus Service between New York City and Ithaca
- Maps and Directions
- Airports near Ithaca
Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport (ITH) - 4 mi
Elmira-Corning Regional Airport (ELM) - 28 mi
Greater Binghamton Airport (BGM) - 32 mi
Hancock International Airport, Syracuse NY (SYR) - 60 mi
Greater Rochester International, Rochester NY (ROC) - 100 mi
Buffalo Niagara International (BUF)- 150 mi
NYC airports (Kennedy, LaGuardia, Newark) - 220 mi
- University Residence Halls (Dorms)
- The on-campus Statler Hotel is booked for Commencement Weekend, so please do not call the Statler for a reservation.
- Nonprofit Bed & Breakfasts
- Homes For Rent
- Hotels, Motels, Bed-and-Breakfasts, Camping
- Ithaca-Tompkins County Convention and Visitor Bureau
- Fingerlakes Area Places to Stay
- Broome County (Binghamton)
- Cayuga County (Auburn)
- Chemung County (Elmira)
- Cortland County (Cortland)
- Onondaga County (Syracuse)
- Schuyler County (Watkins Glen)
- Seneca County (Waterloo)
- Steuben County (Corning)
- Tioga County (Owego)
- Yates County (Penn Yan)
Click here for a New York state county & city map.
Cornell University prohibits pets from university-controlled buildings as well as Schoellkopf Field and stadium seating areas, except for those animals* (service animals, etc.)
that are specifically exempted by this policy.
Therefore, please do not bring your pet to the procession, the stadium, or other Commencement events.
*While on university-controlled property, animals must be attended and restrained at all times.