Welcome Families, Graduates, and Guests!
Students: view student information page
Welcome! We are excited to have you visit Ithaca and the beautiful Cornell campus for Cornell University's 2014 Commencement Weekend on May 23, 24, 25.
We are pleased to have arrangements for family members to attend, including those with limited mobility.
Please explore the links to the left for details about how to get here, where to stay, where to eat, where to park, college/department ceremonies & receptions, and events happening throughout the weekend.
To help you plan your weekend, we have prepared a student & family CHECKLIST. The document contains links to help you navigate through the Commencement website as well.
Here are a few tips to make your weekend more enjoyable:
- Be prepared for weather (sunblock, umbrella, etc.). We remain outdoors in rain and the stadium is not covered.
- Bring your Severe Weather Tickets to Ithaca. Tickets are not replaced or reprinted.
- Family & friends not traveling to Ithaca may join the celebration via webcast!
- Dress per your comfort level (business-casual is common) or for the event you plan to attend following Commencement.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes! (Bring bandaids for blisters.)
- Consider carrying extra camera batteries.
- Bring activities for young children do quietly in their seats.
- Make arrangements for mobility-impaired family members, as vehicles do not unload passengers at the stadium.
- Consider bringing a wheelchair for elderly (to shuttle around campus).
- In addition to University Commencement, you will also attend a college/department event.
- Weekend events are usually finished by 3:30pm Sunday.
- No alcohol, glass bottles, or pets at Schoellkopf Stadium.
- Make sure all family/guests know the graduate's college & department.
Enjoy the festive weekend!
Planning Your Weekend
To help plan your travel schedule and weekend itinerary, we have posted weekend events (as we are informed of them). Because colleges, departments and student groups plan their own events for Commencement Weekend, there is no helpful one-size-fits-all weekend itinerary that we can post for students/families. Please visit our Weekend Schedule page for help with planning your weekend.
Navigating This Website
Still can't find what you're looking for?
B13 Day Hall
Ithaca, New York 14853